Marshall County Sheriff Phil Sims is seeking a second term.
He sent the following announcement to Marshall County newspapers.
Today, I am announcing my bid for re-election for Sheriff of Marshall County. I feel fortunate and humble to currently serve as your sheriff. My staff and I have worked hard for Marshall County and have made a lot of progress.
Some of the things we have accomplished are:
• Worked very close with the county commission to address issues with the jail.
• Cleaning up the jail, removing contraband and trash from cell blocks.
• Updating equipment for deputies, providing new vests, duty pistols, patrol rifles and shotguns, updated bodycam software and cameras, new tasers for all deputies, new vehicles, new computers for deputies.
• Mandatory training is now required for all deputies and correction officers to have a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education.
• Renovation of the entire jail. Renovations are currently underway.
• Providing deputies for courthouse security.
For more on this story, please pick up Thursday’s Tribune or purchase an e-edition.