To protect the citizens of Marshall County and court staff, and to comply with the order issued by the Alabama Supreme Court, Marshall County Probate Judge Andrea LeCroy has suspended all non-emergency hearings and proceedings in probate court.
She also closed all court operations to the public effective Tuesday.
The Marshall County Courthouse was closed to the general public by the Marshall County Commission that day, too.
LeCroy said that, until further notice, probate court would operate as follows:
• The probate office, along with the satellite offices in Albertville and Arab, will be closed to the general public;
• Property records may be accessed online at: www.deedlookup.org;
• Requests also can be made by calling: 256-571-7764, option 4.
Requested records will be supplied as soon as possible via e-mail or placed in U.S. Mail.
For those needing to record documents:
• Documents for recording will only be accepted via U.S. Mail or electronically via one of the office’s approved vendors.
Those vendors for electronic filing are:
• Simplifile – 800-460-5657 – www.simplifile.com;
• EPN – 888-325-3365 – www.GOePN.com.
• All scheduled non-emergency hearings and proceedings are suspended until further notice, but they will be rescheduled.
• The probate court will only hear cases related to involuntary commitments and emergency guardianships.
Petitions for involuntary commitment and emergency guardianship will be accepted via e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The original documents should be presented to the court at the scheduled hearing.
A member of our staff will be available during business hours to coordinate hearings for involuntary commitment and emergency guardianship.
For questions regarding involuntary commitment and emergency guardianship: 256-571-7764, option 3.
Tags, driver’s license, etc.
• Taxpayers will be able to renew their automobile tags, boat stickers and business license online at www.renewyourtag.com or by calling 256-275-4042.
While the courthouse is closed, the county commission has waived the $2 mail-in fee for any renewals postmarked March 17 through April 5.
• Driver’s License can be renewed online at www.alea.gov;
• Hunting and/or fishing license can be purchased online at www.outdooralabama.com;
• Newly acquired vehicles will not be registered at this time. Please see the order for information on extensions of time and waiving of penalties at www.revenue.alabama. gov;
LeCroy said the probate office will remain fully staffed.
For general probate information: 256-571-7764, option 3.
“We will do our best to provide services for any matter that falls within the above parameters,” LeCroy said. “Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of assistance to you. It is our great honor and pleasure to serve the people of Marshall County.”