A fire at the L-Rancho restaurant on Main Street Thursday afternoon was likely caused by a smoker in the kitchen area.

“I’m pretty sure at this point that the smoker overheated and caught fire,” said Arab Fire and Rescue Chief Ricky Phillips.

Steve and Chris Pardue had only been gone from the restaurant about 15 minutes when they got a call that the L Rancho was on fire.

“We were at Walmart and came straight back after getting the call,” said Pardue.

For more on this story pick up Saturday’s Tribune or purchase an e-edition.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.