Beginning this week, the list of those eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine increased.
Those now eligible are:
• First responders, including police officers, firefighters and EMS;
• Corrections officers;
• Food and agriculture workers;
• U.S. Postal Service workers;
• Manufacturing workers;
• Grocery store workers;
• Public transit workers;
• People who work in the education sector (teachers, support staff, community college and higher education);
• Childcare workers;
• Judiciary (including but not limited to) circuit judges, district judges and district attorneys.
However, the Alabama Department of Public Health is warning that there is still a shortage of vaccines in Alabama.
For more on this story please pick up Thursday’s Tribune or purchase an e-edition.