The Marshall County Board of Edaucation approved summer travel requests and personnel actions, including several at Brindlee Mountain Schools, at its recent meeting.
Items approved were:
n New employees
• Maston Edmonds, Brindlee Mountain High School special education teacher.
• Amanda Stephens, Brindlee Mountain Primary School teacher.
• Morgan Garrison, Brindlee Mountain Primary School teacher.
• Krista Lacey, school nurse at Brindlee Mountain Elementary.
• Kathy Davis, DAR campus as a CNP worker.
• Dawn Morrow Hilley, Sloman Primary special education teacher.
• Amanda Brown, Asbury campus as a CNP stock clerk/janitor.
• Casey Ashley, early childhood auxiliary teacher at Asbury Elementary School.
• Karla Glover, school nurse at the DAR campus.
• Elizabeth Barnes, school nurse DAR campus.
• McKenzie Hardin as the school nurse at Claysville School.
• Kristen Cooper, Douglas High School math teacher.
• Chasity Stewart, Douglas High School custodian.
• Roberta St. John Ross, Marshall Technical medical prep teacher.
• Jennifer Brock, Douglas High School bookkeeper.
• Brian Sauls, Douglas High School assistant principal.
• Jennifer Britnell, RN at Brindlee Mountain High School, resignation.
• Keith Buchanan, principal at DAR Elementary, retirement.
• Alysha Borum, teacher from Brindlee Mountain High School to teacher at DAR High School.
• Denise Stanley, CNP stock clerk/janitor for Brindlee Mountain High School to CNP worker at Asbury School.
• William Ballew a teacher from Brindlee Mountain High School to assistant principal Brindlee Mountain High School.
• Amanda (Mandy) Garmany as school nurse from Brindlee Mountain Elementary School to Brindlee Mountain High School in same position.
• Jennifer Morrison from Brindlee Mountain High School teacher to Douglas High School instructional assistant principal.
• Allison Lindsay, CNP assistant manager at Douglas High School to CNP assistant manager for Asbury School.
• Chris Chaffin, a career coach for Marshall Technical to Marshall Technical counselor.
• Jane Grimes, Douglas High School assistant principal to alternative school instructional assistant principal.
n Leaves of absence
• Kristen Mize, teacher at Brindlee Mountain Primary School, effective Sept. 23 through Jan. 6.
• Alisa Brazelton, teacher at Douglas Elementary School, effective Aug. 19 through Oct. 3.
• Brad Oliver, instructor at the Marshall Technical School, will be traveling to Frisco, Texas, from July 21-27 as part of ASE instructor update training.
• Janna Bonds and Carla Thornton will travel to Atlanta from July 7-11 for PowerSchool University training.
• Chris Chaffin, Marshall Technical career coach, will travel to Orlando, Flo., from July 6-13 to the National JAG conference and training.
• Ashley McCollum, parents as teacher director, PAT National Center, to St. Louis, Missouri, from Oct. 13-18.