The beginning of the summer months is always a great time for whole family to enjoy different indoor and outdoor activities. Whether is enjoying a Memorial Day family barbecue, camping or going to the local river, the pool or splash pads, learn to keep everyone safe and healthy while enjoying the summer fun.
n Water safety
Drownings are still the leading cause of injury death for young children ages 1 to 4, it is preventable if everyone does their part.
• Always supervise children in or around water. A responsible adult should watch young children uninterruptedly.
• Teach kids to swim. Formal swimming lessons can protect young children from drowning.
• Learn cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Your CPR skills could save someone’s life.
• Install a cover, alarm or fence around home pools or hot tubs.
• While on a boat or jet ski wear a properly fitted life jacket every time you and your loved ones are on the water.
For more on this story please pick up Wednesday’s paper or purchase an e-edition.